I came across these pictures today as me and sweet Carlie were looking at pictures on the computer. (One of the kids favorite past-times.) I had kind-of forgotten about them. My birthday was back in October, and the boys came downstairs and had put these together for me. They were all wrapped up in the papers and some sweet little messages were on them. It was one of those humbling times when me and Ben decided we better just keep things light this year. (With Ben's job being slow, our house on the market, and Christmas around the corner.)
But, back to the pictures. Clayton had gone through his bag of money (bag because we were getting ready to take down to the bank) and counted out $28. I cried. The thought that my kids would gather up all that they had and give it to me. That's all I needed. Who could want any more than the 4 beautiful children and wonderful husband that I have? I really couldn't ask for more. Who cares if I feel like my closet could use some serious updating? At least we have a roof over our heads and healthy family. It was a great Birthday!! And that little green dogtag on the first one is from a birthday party that Clayton went to. He just loved that little necklace. Oh, to be a kid again. The things that kids treasure are usually the simple things.
3 comments:
Oh Alexa, that is so sweet it made me almost start to cry. That Clayton is seriously such an amazing spirit. I hope you aren't too scared wtih all the change and craziness ahead, and PLEASE update me!! I want to know what happens, where you guys find a place to rent, etc. etc! It was good to talk to you the other morning!
We all need to be reminded of the simple things. Thanks!
And they gave all their treasures to you because they love you more. Oh, and P.S., I totally think my closet could use an update too. Maybe we should swap.
Post a Comment